Saturday, September 27, 2008

cough cough....

Every so often, when melancholy lifts its face and turns away,
i come back to consciousness, to see what is around me 
this time, when it left, i am back in NID
amongst some of the people who have seen me, in my best and worst,
in a place that inspite of being around people, you are still alone.
only this time this loneliness is not biting.
I sit at the chai gate, and look at all the unknown faces, 
and somehow they don't seem so unknown anymore.
All in this place go through such rapid growing up,
from being pampered, just out of school, to being stubborn opinionated
and getting used to taking all your own decisions,
all of us have gone through almost the same things.
It isn't much of a surprise then, that all of them look alike to me,
and them includes me.
and i cant help feeling, that this one life that i have been blessed with,
this place that i call my own, 
these people that i know i can die for...
are they anything but miracles of my puny existence.


Sometimes i feel,
i am a really really old woman,
in a 21 yr old body.... 

No comments: