Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Carved In Stone


I shall not be inconsolable. There will be other rooms, other faces, open spaces, long stretches of time when I shall not even be conscious that you are not there.


I count the cost in concrete terms. You will not know my children’s names, nor I yours. That I may look at a photograph and remember my eyes looking at you looking at me. That some green girl in love with herself will hold your life in her hands.


I shall not say your name again, not even by chance.


One day, perhaps, love may die of disuse, left to rust in wind and weather.


- Revathy Gopal


Revathy was an Indian poet who died of cancer recently, 

her writing has a certain solid experiential quality that will never be forgotten.

1 comment:

reshma said...

extremely touching... one of the most beautiful posts of yours.. where did u read this? love it in every sense possible...