Wednesday, June 18, 2008

found this hilarious and simply lovely piece on my sister's blog,
couldn't resist posting it,
it written by the famous hindi poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan


Loosely translated for the non-hindi types:

Scared of the trials and turmoils of life,
my sons ask me
"why did you give birth to us?"
and i have nothing else 
but to tell them
that my father gave birth to me 
            without taking permission from me,
and without asking my father, his father gave birth to him,
and his father gave birth to him without asking him...

the trials of life, 
           existed in the past, 
           and continue today, perhaps a little more,
           the future will still carry them, maybe even more than now
you take a new stand,
ask permission from your sons, before giving birth to them!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol, thats a good one! :)