Monday, July 7, 2008

the weekend

some uncles in my father's office have serious boundary issues,
as they get older, they seem to get more and more fond of me,
and want to make conversation from the exact length of my nose.
Like yesterday, this chap that i have known since i could recognize that its a chap or a chip, came upto me from behind, screaming about how i have grown so big, with an expression that made me feel like i was 2 year old all over again...
what was more surprising, was that fact that i had met him just  couple of months ago, i mean, seriously dude, thats not the nicest way to tell someone they have put on weight!
On the other hand, there was this uncle im extremely fond of and met him after  pretty long time, so it was acceptable for him to say that i have grown up so beautifully ( im not going to lie to u, i have, u shudve seen me as a child, i was a nervous stick on legs) but what was bewildering is that, he seemed to want to call me up on stage for receiving a prize for   
for calcutta territory of the company, dont ask me the connection, i clearly could not hide my wtf expression, and neither could the over enthusiastic uncles over there.
Then there are another kind of people in my fathers office, the ones who have never met me, and apparently nothing better has happened to them in their entire life time that can be equated to finally meeting the 'little one' (me). 
and then there are those, that wear a permanently amused expression, because a bunch of middle aged men getting together to discuss petrol and gas sales, seems to be the most exiting thing in the whole wide world,
and every little thing that anyone says is so murderously hilarious that
their mouth is always open, either from extremely fake laughter, or delighted wonderment at 40 kl sales of petrol.
i dont know what im trying to say here,
that cannot be summed up in the fact that all the hotel rooms that these people were stationed in have all of 14 channels,
all them being news channels.

2 comments:

errormsg! said...

:...the exact length of my nose"...haha! heres to ur pinocchio moments sana!...i like i like :)

sana said...

mwahahaaa :)
it was quite a bizzare weekend i tell you,
the varieties of wierdos, was so refreshing!!!
hehe