Friday, May 30, 2008

I see her, sleeping in her bed,
she looks exactly like me,
except that her eyebrows dont meet in the centre,
like mine do.
Anyone could have mistaken us for each other.
I remember the love that is inside me for this person,
and how, i had someone now, who i wished to be with, more than her.
I remember those innocent times,
when it used to be just the two of us,
joined at waist.

She now sleeps in a different bed, 
across the room,
how our beds have magically become single mattressed diwaans, i cannot recollect.
She is fast asleep,
i know she is only pretending.
with helplessness i realize how much she has missed me,
knowing that even now, id rather be with the one i love
i let the tears flow,
down the bed,
to her side of the room
.
i see her, sleeping in her bed.
and i am amazed at how, quiverless,
some people can learn to cry, so silently.

No comments: