Monday, February 4, 2008

Chai Gate

I am now on my way to Pune, and somehow there is one recollection that refuses to let go of me, it breings a smile on my face everytime i think about it.

On my last day in Nid, i had to take care of a few last moment things, meetigns with faculty , officalt letters eetc. I was in a desperate hurry and to add to my dismay my faculty was not in his cabin. In the wait i decided to have one last hot cup of chai at the 'chai gate'. The chai gate is the melting pot of all creative and non creative interation, people sit for hours at this place sipping on endless cups of tea and munching on endless plates of bhajiya, ( the gravity and the value of this place is easier understood if you are an NIdian) and endless discussions ensue on all kinds of imaginable and unimaginable topics possible.

On this particular morning i happened to be the first visitor to this holy place.

I ordered my chai took out a notebook and wrote a few lines, as i sipped the recurring thought that this may never happen again kept flashing.
But that feeling of a warm winter sun, a hot cup of chai, a clean sheet of paper and my fvourite place in the world, made me realise that this really is the end, and i couldnt help but smile despite that.

No comments: